RE: Cheap parts for high-power resistive ballast (for pole transformer). (fwd)

Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:24:26 -0500 (CDT)
From: brianb@xxxxxxxxxx
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Cheap parts for high-power resistive ballast (for pole
    transformer). (fwd)

Jim/all,

The spool of wire is a good solution for lower power levels but isn't
practical at higher powers. I don't have my notes with me at the moment
but I think it took me six rolls of 10awg for ~100amps. Plus they got
REALLY HOT. Not someting I could get past a Fire Marshall. In the end the
welder solution was cheaper and works like a charm...

Regards,
Brian B.
www.teslacoil.com
www.brianb.org