Re: Cockroft Walton Voltage Multiplier (fwd)

Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:25:07 -0500
From: D.C. Cox <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cockroft Walton Voltage Multiplier (fwd)

Your are right.  The resistors are either connected in a distributed fashion
throughout the machine between the diodes or a large inductance/resistance
is used in series with the output.  CW machines are not designed for short
circuit outpt operations like a Marx generator --- only to supply a
continuous steady current.

Dr. Resonance