Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: J. Aaron Holmes <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Hmmm...don't know about one shot from a photoflash
cap.  But you can get 100kV "stun guns" for about $10
on eBay.  And they're battery powered.  I've gotta
believe one of those would be the end of a mouse.  If
not, you could at least outfit each trap with a
holding cell for stunned mice and a "no vacancy"
indicator to let you know when it's time to take it
over to your neighbor's yard and unload ;-)  You'd
still probably want a microcontroller or timer IC to
govern the firing of the stun gun so that it didn't
get stuck on ("overkill").

I've often thought of creating a pole pig-powered
"crow zapper" mounted to a garbage can.  I'd toss a
few banana peels in on the way to work, and come home
to find a few more sooty black star-shaped marks on
the rim of the can ;-)  Too dangerous to implement,
but fun to think about.  They're nasty critters, too.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE