Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:46:52 -0400
From: Mike <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

I guess it depends on what you consider "clean". I think it's going to be
difficult to get guaranteed kills without filling the room with burning
hair/rat meat smell. It would almost have to be high enough voltage to arc
through the fur for it to be reliable I'd think. Maybe if the voltage were
5-10kV but the discharge current limited to maybe a few 2-3A relatively
quick pulses (a few mS) so it wouldn't be a smoldering mess/blown to bits
but still defibrillated. A few 942c20p15k caps come to mind for this (those
bite hard when charged to 3kV, never thought 675 mJ would hurt so much lol).

Mike