RE: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:01:41 -0400
From: alfred erpel <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

 Matt,

	I think it is the amperage which kills.  I believe I heard that .035
amps is what it takes to arrest the human heart.  Of course the voltage is
necessary to deliver the amps.  I am going to GUESS that a fully charged 270
uf capacitor at approximately 300 volts as exists in a standard disposable
flash camera will zap a mouse to mousey heaven if discharged between its
fore limbs and hind limbs.
	I have taken these cameras apart and gotten bitten bad by a residual
50 volts or so.
	Great idea by the way and best of luck.

Al Erpel

[stuff snipped]