RE: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:29:05 -0400
From: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

I agree.  Just zapping a mouse with a high voltage arc probably isn't
going to do much.  You need to establish a good path for current to flow
through the vital portion of the mouse to be effective.  For animals
with fur, this is not so trivial.

You are probably better off with an old fashion mouse trap!  Remember
the old adage about building the better mousetrap.   You just can't do
it!

Dan

HI Matthew,

As dangerous electricity is, killing in a reliable way with it is
really hard; read about electric chair execution, they used a lot of
power with good contact ( they used salt saturated water pad ) some
time they need to applied the tension many time to finally kill. I also
know a man who was strike by a power ( 14.4KV ) line, he loose an arm,
a leg and have internal organ damage but he survived...

Cheers,

Luc

On 13-Apr-06, at 1:07 PM, High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've