Re: Exploding wire (fwd)

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:19:32 +0000
From: Mike Harrison <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Exploding wire (fwd)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:33:56 -0700 (MST), you wrote:

>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

There is certainly a huge difference  between exploding copper and steel (guitar strings are good) -
with the latter you get a really spectacular shower of sparks as the metal burns.

There is some 1000fps high-speed camera footage of this on my site :
http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/fastdestruct.html (bottom of page)

Also some frame sequences here :
http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/explode.html