Re: FW: woops Link to schematic, sorry (fwd) Scrapt that. (fwd)

Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 19:43:50 -0600
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FW: woops Link to schematic, sorry (fwd) Scrapt that. (fwd)

High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

The caps on each side of the chain should be the same value. There is an
approach that can be used to provide reduced ripple by using higher
capacitance/stage as you go to lower stages. For an N-stage CW, where
top stage has capacitors of size C, the bottom most stage set of caps
should all be N*C, the next higher stage (N-1)*C, etc. This provides
increased current capability at the lower stages to better support the
rest of the CW chain and reduce ripple.

> This is to charge My Mighty Geek caps. I will use two stages and add a spark
> gap and metering before I hook up the mongo caps. I have had the IEE spark
> chart for needles and spheres on my wall for ages, can't seem to find it
> when I need it. Figures. Current will be limited by (4) shallcross 100k
> ceramic in series which should limit the dual trannies @ .10something ma
>

> Someone please send gap chart.
See:
http://205.243.100.155/photos/HVStuff/SGapVolt.jpg

> Thanks for all your help
>

> Jim Mora
>
> Please see the center taped version
>

> http://www.blazelabs.com/e-exp15.asp
>

> -----
<snip>

--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured