Anyone know the ideal capacitance forCW full wave capcaitance for 120 ma charrging of BIG Caps? (fwd)

Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:46:35 -0800
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Anyone know the ideal capacitance forCW full wave capcaitance for 120
    ma charrging of BIG Caps?

Hi, all

I just removed My Terry filter from my dual Transco 15KV/60 ma transformer
stack. I am moving up to a 5KVA dry transformer. I think I'll snap a picture
and say heart's felt thanks!

Anyway, I plan to use two to three stages of the fullwave CW stage to charge
the mighty geek caps. Have (2 ) 7.3uf paralled ^ 50kv geek Caps. My supply
can supply 15KV @ 120ma for wire explosion experiments.

Anyone know the ideal cap sizes  (ceramics pucks) per stage for charging
without stressing the transformers? I am using two FW stages, maybe I should
do one more stage to overshoot 50KV? I have (72) 16kv 400 ma diodes).

I'm not in a big rush to reach 45 KV, but it is a demonstration.

Thanks, Jim Mora

Thanks Terry for keeping these transformers is like new condition with your
filter!