RE: Saturable Reactors (yes, again :)) (fwd)

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:35:28 -0600
From: Carl Litton <Carl_Litton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Saturable Reactors (yes, again :)) (fwd)

Hi Aaron,

That does sound interesting.  Please post any results on this project.
We are still working on applications of this principle here in our
group.  We have had some success recently by modifying transformers
removed from x-ray high voltage generators.

Since either the control or the power may apparently consist of 2
windings as long a there is no net voltage induced into the control, I
wondered if the transformer removed from a small pole pig might also
work well.  Isn't the low voltage side provided with a center tap?  If
so, it would seem that this might be split into 2 at that point and the
same wired in series opposing so that the net fluxes cancel and the HV
side used as the control.

Any thoughts on this?

Carl Litton