Re: Some more Marx questions (fwd)

Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:18:41 -0700
From: Jonathan Peakall <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Some more Marx questions (fwd)

Ok, a few more questions :-).

> You should also add a series 200 Ohm, 200 Watt resistor in series with a
2"
> ID PVC tubing inductor (air core) wound approx 16 inches long with #24 PVC
> insulated wire.  This will clip any incoming transients from the quick
> connect / disconnect of the power supply and the cap bank.  Mount this
array
> on an insulating material such as PE, PS, etc.
>
> Dr. Resonance

So here is the power supply as I plan it so far...

Fuse--->CORCOM power filter---> variac--->12kV/120 NST ---> voltage doubler,
center tap to ground (Greinacher style)

+ HV ---> current limit resistor--->inductor--->filter resistor--->relay
(charge = NC, fire = NO)

- HV---> relay (charge = NC, nothing to NO)

How does that sound? Do I have the current limit resitor, inductor and
filter resistor placed correctly? It would be convienient to limit the
length of the inductor to 14 inches. I could use a thiner gauge of wire to
make up the length if need be, but I do have plenty of good 24#, so I'd
rather use that.

As always, thanks!

Jonathan
www.madlabs.info