Re: Some more Marx questions (fwd)

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:10:05 -0500
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Some more Marx questions (fwd)

The 50 Ohm resistor by itself will be enough resistance to "spoil the
circuit Q factor", and, in series with the air core inductor, will do the
job.  You should still disconnect power supply prior to firing.  It's an
easy job for a standard $180 PLC.  You push one buttom and the PLC gives the
warning buzzer, warning lights, energizes the charge relay, disconnects the
HV relay, more lights and warnings, then 2 sec later fire the unit and
leaves the HV relay disconnected awaiting you to push the fire button again
which does the complete cycle over again.

Dr. Resonance