Re: Lifter (fwd)

Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:33:52 -0400
From: Richard Hull <rhull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lifter (fwd)

I would second Scott's desire to see some evidence.

A classic lifter has no airfoils to provide lift and is solely lifted,
probably by the jet action of ion wind.  As such, the thrusts are pitiful.
A tremdous coup would indeed be a lifter with its own onboard power source
(battery) and power converter (DC to DC step up converter) rising without
external wires or energy.  Even struggling against the classic three string
"stability tether" limiter it would be phenominal.

Richard Hull