Re: The Geek Group High Voltage Capacitors, making a HV switch, (fwd)

Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 06:29:40 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The Geek Group High Voltage Capacitors, making a HV   switch,
      (fwd)

At 07:50 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:
>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

Yes.. I started by making fullscale on the primary meter
approximately right (with the secondary shorted through an ammeter)
using a pot.  Then ran it down and did some spot checks and remarked
the scale where necessary.

It's mostly to give a visual indication of whether you're charging or
not.  I usually start with the variac low, then bump it up, wait for
the current to drop, then bump it up again, repeating until I'm at
the voltage I want.