Re: Green laser pointers (fwd)

Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 06:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Green laser pointers (fwd)

Hi Pete,
      I think it is probably due to the energy of the light  being  E = hv , where h is Planck's constant and v is the frequency  (sorry I don't have Greek symbols on this keyboard, so I have to use a v).
  Mike

  What I want is a nitrogen laser for UV  I used to have one, but gave it to a friend when I moved.

  Steve, or anyone else...,

I've always wondered why they can make such hi-powered green
lasers, but not red or yellow ?

-Pete Lawrence.

[I'm not sure about that, so any laser physicists on the list are
encouraged to chime in.  I do know they have solid state UV lasers in the
multi-watt range, but they're beaucoup bux. SRR]