Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:49:52 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>, hvlist <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

At 02:11 PM 7/8/2007, High Voltage list wrote:
>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

You're hearing the leader?

There's a lot of strange effects right before the stroke, if you're
reasonably near.  If the field builds slowly, you get the hair
standing on end effect (feels like someone tickling the top of your
head) and a buzzing sound.  I can see the field coming up very
quickly, and you're hearing just the start of this.