Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

I nearly got hit by lightning once....I didn't hear a thing that would have warned me....never felt a tingle....I was pulling an engine and transmission from a car using a tree branch and a come-along.....I had put down a piece of cardboard to make sure no grease/oil got on the ground and killed my grass.....it started to sprinkle and I was putting away my tools when a HUGE bang occurred.   My wife thought I got hit cuz of where she saw it from...the bolt hit my car less than five feet from me....DANG   it was loud!!
  Mike

Looking for earth-friendly autos?