Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:46:36 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Close lightning strike and strange tick (fwd)

Hi Chip,

I suspect that you need to be close enough for your brain to "hear" the
EM pulse, yet far enough away so that it can be heard before the crash
of the thunder. For the case I experienced, the delay between the flash
and the crash was perhaps a tenth of a second, maybe even less. I have
never heard any clicks for more distant lightning.

Bert