RE: Voltage multiplier capacitors (fwd)

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:01:41 -0500
From: Michael Strube <mjstrube@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Voltage multiplier capacitors (fwd)

This topic came up a while back on the Geek Group website, under a forum
called "Charging the geek mighty caps."  Here is the link:

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1135&postdays=0&postorder=asc
&start=0

Mike

  Hello everyone,
  First of all thank you all for your help regarding the flyback
transformer. I will be working on putting my flyback to good use soon.
Currently though I am working on a voltage tripler powered by a 12kv/30ma
neon transformer, and had a couple of questions regarding that subject. I
have been browsing around on ebay for high voltage capacitors, and
found the usual disc and doorknob types. I noticed some of the disc
capacitors have the same voltage ratings and values as the doorknob caps,
even
though they are much smaller and more inexpensive. I am guessing the
main difference between these then are how much power they can handle and
how high a frequency they can run at, correct? Would either of these
types work in a multiplier being fed only 60hz and 30ma? Thanks again for
your help.

  -Chris

Be a PS3 game guru.