Re: Voltage multiplier capacitors (fwd)

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:50:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Voltage multiplier capacitors (fwd)

Well, for basics, I will try to build a 30-something kilovolt dc power supply by running a voltage tripler off of a 12kv/30ma neon transformer I have sitting around. Initially, I would be using this to power a simple lifter, but I would like to eventually experement with other designs of ion thrusters, including some homebrewed ideas. I think the nst/tripler setup will be one of the simpler ways of doing this, and will hopefully afford enough power to generate lots of iony goodness. =D If you are willing, I would be hugely grateful for the caps, what capacitance value are they? Along the same lines, what value do you think is needed for such a tripler? Thanks again for your help.

High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Original poster: Steven Roys