Re: THERABAND VDG BELTS?????????/ (fwd)

Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:58:48 -0500
From: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: THERABAND VDG BELTS?????????/ (fwd)

I do!  This is the exact material i used for my VDGs.  I used the blue
"gauge".  The black stuff seemed to be conductive (but was a nice
thickness).  Anywho... to cut it i used a razer blade while the
material was pinched between a yard stick and a smooth glass cutting
board.  There was low friction between the blade and the glass board,
so it just went right through.  Scissors did NOT work well.  Also, the
yard stick had to keep pressure right where the blade was cutting,
otherwise the material would stretch at that point and cause
distortions in the cut.

My mom also had this neat pizza cutter type thing but it had a round
razor blade.  It was used for cutting fabrics.  It might be something
to look at, since the cutting action is mostly perpendicular to the
material (no tangential forces to stretch the material).

It makes a really great belt, btw!

Steve Ward