RE: tesla coil power ?! (fwd)

Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:56:40 -0700
From: David Dameron <ddameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: tesla coil power ?! (fwd)

Hi Chris,
Sounds a lot like this:
www.physorg.com/news100445957.html  (resonant circuit coupling)

although I would certainly not call it "new" and do not understand their
introduction of "evanescent" waves. The calculations of Q seems way off to
me: reactance of the coils and resistive load of the lamp resulting in a Q
of around 1000? (series or parallel tank circuit) I have tried something
similar and do not get anything like their results.
-Dave D.