[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TESLA COIL DESIGN

 CA> Also, am I correct in assuming that all the wires in the
 CA> primary circuit should be able to carry at least as much
 CA> current as the primary winding?  I always  hear about
 CA> "heavy" wire, but it doesn't make sense to use beefy tubing
 CA> in the primary coil if most of the wire in the primary
 CA> circuit is any smaller  (higher resistance).

 RQ> You figure correctly. The tank circuit conductors must be
 RQ> heavy, regardless if you are talking about spark gap and
 RQ> capacitor connectors, or the primary coil. Richard Quick

I assume everyone understands that we are talking about the
Tesla Tank circuit above, which includes (as above) the: spark
gap, capacitor(s) primary coil, and any bussing used to connect
these components.

The supply side of the circuit, which is not an oscillating
"tank" would include: the step up xfmr, the RF chokes, bypass
capacitors, and any low current wiring used to connect these
components. There are no heavy currents in the HV supply to
the Tesla Tank.

Richard Quick
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

[ Yeah, I should have been more precise.  I did indeed mean
  the primary tank circuit.  Oops.  Chip ]