[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: earth resonance

Tesla List wrote:

> >From wezman-at-mail.duke.eduThu Aug 29 22:27:29 1996
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 00:56:43 -0400 ()
> From: Chris Wezyk <wezman-at-mail.duke.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: earth resonance
>
> I have a couple questions about Tesla's work with earth
> resonance.  It seems that in his Colorado Springs work he
> somehow produced a frequency (8hz, 16hz) that resonated
> perfectly withe earths natural resonance and produced
> remarkable results.  How did he produce a wave of that
> incredibly low frequency?  Has anyone experimented with
> earth resonance?  If so, could you please forward as much
> information as possible about it.

Tesla never produced any ULF at earth resonant frequencies in Colorado!
	(Lowest frequency he used at power was about 50Khz)
This was a hypothesis he formed after receiving returns from advancing
and receding thunderstorms.  He hit the nail on the head about the
frequency, though.
R. Hull, TCBOR

> Another question...  He also used salt water/glass
> capacitors which I've heard from several people have high
> losses.  Well if he used them and obtained the results he
> did then why is everyone moving to new age plastics.  I
> think one of the reasons that many of his ideas and
> inventions have not been replicated is that we have been
> blinded by modern day technology and techniques.

Wrongo!  Tesla was constantly limited and hampered by the technology of
his day!  He seemed to always be seven leagues ahead of his
contemporaries and available technology.

Mica caps would have been better for him, but no such units were being
made at that time to stand the voltage.  Salt water and glass , as poor
as they were, amounted to the pinnacle, the acme, of technology at his
level of usage in 1899!  He always used the best of the best!

Believe me, Tesla would be ordering custom built government spec.
polypropylene film and end foil construction pulse caps were he doing his
work today!
R. Hull, TCBOR

> I recently made an air driven rotary gap that works better
> then my previous motor driven gap.  Plus it doubles to
> quench the spark simultaneously.  I suggest that some
> should try an air driven instead of motor driven.  I was
> able to achieve faster speeds as well.

This is a great idea from a number of insulation standpoints, too!
Speed controlled by a valve, etc.  A turbine Gap!  Add the concept of
series gap quenchin' and you are there! Good goin'!  The expense of the
air supply will keep all but the most ardent coilers away, though.  For
most motors are free to cheap.
Richard Hull, TCBOR

> ----------------------
>
> Chris Wezyk
> wezman-at-acpub.duke.edu
>
> [ If someone could clear up the question of earth resonance (how it was
>   produced), I would appreciate it.  It would help me resolve the
>   question of whether it is tesla coil related or not. -- Chip ]

Chip,  Earth resonance has to do with electrically exciting the
transmission line (or 1/4 wave line) which is a line linking the
antipodes usually, but according to the Corums in July at the ITS
gathering, it can be any cross sectional line through the earth.  On
the anitpodal resonance, Tesla was accurate to a fraction of a hertz on
his original estimate!!

A resonator can be a piece of wire, a coil, a stretch of even high
resistance conductor (earth)!  A signal injected into it (via the ground
in the case of Tesla's original concept) will reflect and build at or
near resonance by standing waves which can be altered by slight changes
in the frequency.  Nodes can be set up and power taken at any point.  I
am still on the fence about actual implimentation of the concept, but it
is intellectually feasible.

Richard Hull, TCBOR