[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Blown Rolled "Hull" Capacitor Discussion

old question. Which I replied that I would try my 0.060" polyethylene
cap at 15KV as soon as my 0.030" poly came in.

>Subject: Re: Blown Rolled "Hull" Capacitor Discussion

I ran 15kV at 60ma. tonight for about 20 minutes. NO blown cap -at-0.060"

I did however, run out of room in my garage! My son's bike has been
electrocuted many times tonight! 30" arc, measured straight line
distance. I also laid a 36" fluorescent light across the toroid. It
light, no surprise here, with 2' air discharges off all terminals. I
burnt my hand removing it from the toroid, powered off.

After blowing my other 15KV 60ma neon with a series spark gap, I've
changed over to a shunt gap.

Chip, I HAVE noticed a difference in the discharges, but I also cannot
quantify them! say 6" longer air discharges with a lower RF field
strength: 2.8 vs 1.3.

	jim