[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Humid atmosphere

Hi Robert and everyone,

> My experience is that dry air like the kind you get in your house in
> a typical Canadian winter is almost the hardest to make a long
> streamer in.  Go outside where its just as dry but minus 20 degrees
> and the air becomes more dense making it even harder to ionize.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with atmospheric
pressure. I generally don't bother to run the coil here at work if
the atmosphere is damp because it has never worked as well (doesn't
seem to holdoff all that well), but I've never correlated that
with air pressure. Must look into it.
    One final thought - we are surrounded by coast here and there
is often a salty mist around although I suspect, not in the building.

Malcolm