[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vulcan Salvage in CT

>I just got back from a short visit to Vulcan Salvage in Stamford CT.  I don't
>think there were any coilers in the area when I mentioned this place last
>summer, but thought I'd post again in case any of the new list members are in
>the vicinity.  Vulcan is a scrap yard  with a huge selection of electronics.  I
>did a quick visit this summer, and didn't even get to the second section with

>Vulcan Surplus
>60 Taff Ave., Stamford, CT
>(203) 357-1720

Hello!

   I'm new to this list, and have already learned some stuff, and enjoy the
conversations. This piqued my interest a little, because I love electrical
surplus gear. I was wondering if anyone knew if this Vulcan Surplus has a
catalog of any sort?

   Also, I have built several small(er) tesla coils, and would like to work
on a larger one now. I have been reading about coils powered by pole pigs. I
am curious if anyone has any details about using such a transformer for
coils (that they would care to share with me). I know you have to have input
ballasts. What is the best thing to use for this? I saw a post earlier about
obtaining them from T & R. Is this the best way to get one? Would the local
power company be willing to dispose of one of their older ones (cheaply)?

   Any advise would be appreciated.

Brad