[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: need pole pig advice

[snip from my message]
>> Being an apartment dweller, my "pig coil" lives in a tool
>> shed at my folk's place 150 miles away.  Haven't had time to play with
>> it since early September.

[snip from Kristian's reply]
>Well, you could mount the pig on wheels at the outside of the
>apartment house, roll it in, use the elevator (check the weight
>limit:), put it to your living room corner - living room has
>the balcony, right? Now, you set-up your magnifier tank inside
>your living room and (best part) via a stiff copper pipe guide
>the tertiary out of the windows and to the middle air before
>balcony.. Like this :
[snip]
>Of course, only for the totally fanatic 'coilers without a wife :)
>
>To get the system fancy, one would add a motor that would push
>the tertiary out and then pull it in again after experiments..
>

>Kristian.

Excellent idea Kristian!

I could just imagine the people down on the sidewalk , four stories below,
looking up and seeing the enormous arcs striking the exterior of the
building!  The display being punctuated by the screech of tires as taxis
slam into each other.  The motorized extra coil would be great...its motors
humming while the coil slowly moves into position.   Possibly a garage door
opener could be modified for this.  Only a few problems that I could see
with this entire scenario:

>>your living room has the balcony, right?<<

Nope.  No balcony here!  But heck..I could just push it out a window, maybe
on some sort of telescoping arm.  The other problem is the lack of a heavy
ground, or a 240v feed.  Then again these could be overcome too.  Maybe a
giant bi-polar coil.  The last thing would be the instant eviction, and
possible arrest by NY's finest for disturbing the peace.   This would be
the true test of a coiler's dedication.  Still, I'm not married so....
;)

Seriously, thanks for the suggestion Kristian.  I suppose when I said
"apartment" I really should have said "600sq ft shoebox in a highrise".
Small neons are about all I can play with here.  I'm looking forward to
this weekend though, since I'll be visiting my folks and cranking up my pig
coil.   Let the sparks fly!!!

Charles Brush