[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 50%

Tesla List wrote:

> >From MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nzWed Nov  6 21:29:05 1996
> Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 08:11:00 +1200
> From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: 50%
> snip
>      I also did some thinking on the question of critical coupling
> last night and have come to the conclusion that it might not be
> applicable to our pulse driven coils. I'll post later on this if
> anyone is interested.
>
> Malcolm

Malcolm,

I have again mentioned in a few papers, in the past, that critical
coupling might not apply to us in pulsed system work.  Why?  I'll take
all the resonant rise I can get whether is is multi-frequency garbage or
not!  I want SPARK!  All the RF equations were specifically designed to
maximize RF OUTPUT ENERGY, for radiative purposes, at one frequency and
one frequency only, within the quarter wave line.  Whether this follows
for sparks ripping through air may or maynot be of any importance
whatsoever.

Richard Hull, TCBOR