[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)

>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 14:50:17 -0700
>From: Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Gap Dwell Times (formerly: Beating Solved)
>

>This is an extremely interesting thread. I am now getting confused.
>Exactly what do you mean when you say that the secondary was fully rung
>up? Is this when you believe that all of the energy is fully transferred
>to the secondary from the primary? If so, how can you tell?

Skip et all,
	On my ftp site: ftp.bdt-dot-com/home/jim.fosse look at the files
ring.jpg, ring_e.jpg  and ring_sch.jpg.

Ring.jpg shows on the top trace, the secondary wave form and on the
bottom trace, the primary waveform of a quick and dirty simulation of
a TC. (it's not in tune and only outputs about 94kV)

Notice that as the primary waveform reduces in amplitude that the
secondary amplitude increases and vice versa.

Looking at ring_e.jpg, you can see the energy transferring between the
primary and secondary. (again note the low secondary energy, not at
all like big coils with multimegawatt pulse outputs)

	jim