[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 100 kva coil

Tesla List wrote:
> > > Richard,
> > >           You wrote....

> > > Have you thought about the using the fan to direct the ions to a
> > > collection electrode? Seems to me you might get a moderately
> > > efficient rectifier right there.
> > >
> > > Malcolm
> >
> > Malocolm,
> >
> > Been there, done that.  In our 1993 ESJ article on Tesla electrostatics
> > we used it to prove that the bulk of the output of the Tesla coil was an
> > ion related phenomena.
> >
> > I have used this prinicpal of late, (Tape report #53), to show how to
> > power electrostatic engines, motors, and other DC devices from a running
> > 15 watt coil.
> >
> > Richard Hull, TCBOR
>
> Richard,
>         Very interesting. I would like to know how you control/channel
> your ions. Do you use a plastic tube to channel and control there
> energy loss? I would be very interrested in the setup.
>
> D. Gowin

D.,

The current method is shown in detail on our tape report #53.  The
epitome of the process is to place a large modern type metal lamp shade
(circa 1960s) in the shape of the classic "flying saucer" on an insulator
on top of the toroid of the small coil.  Many small neddle points were
directed upward to the over head free terminal.  No spark ever contacted
the free saucer.  I was able to charge a big DC 1 ufd pulse cap in less
than a minute to 15,000 volts DC!  I could also run 3 capacitor motors up
to 1000rpm and a set of Franklin bells and two corona motors all at one
time.

I wouldn't recommend this over a conventional DC supply though. I choked
on ozone!!!

It is really just a novel and interesting phenomena not normally
associated  or even imagined with TCs.

Richard Hull, TCBOR