[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How with no RF ground?

My house is old and all plugs are just 2 prong with no
3rd plug for ground. When I remodeled my bathroom
I hammered a ground rod out back and ran a ground
cable into a newly placed 3 prong fixture in my
bathroom. Recently in testing my TC before I
dismantled it for final construction, I was getting
14" sparks from a 9kv-at-30ma transformer. I ran
an extension cord/box from my bathroom and was
using the 3rd prong of my extension box as my RF
ground connection to my coil. Yesterday I took the
plate off the wall in my bathroom to look at the
wiring when I noticed that the ground cable had
broke away from the wall socket long ago. So in
my testing, I actually never had an RF ground
at all! I do not understand how I could have
gotten the output I did without this ground.

Bob Schumann