[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beating Solved

Tesla List wrote:

<SNIP>
> >    The 'banjo' effect images are quite striking and beautiful, plus
> >    there are a few others showing myself sitting atop an insulated
> >    table tossing 4 foot sparks off metal rods and my fingers! (BTW
> >    I am wearing chain-mail meat cutter's gloves which are connected
> >    to the table via wires hidden in my sleeves.)
> >
> >    - Enjoy!
> >
> > - Brent
>
> OOPS!  I goofed it.....the subdirectory should be /turner! Sorry about
> that.
>
>    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/pictures/turner
>
> Dang. I hate it when that happens.
>
> - Brent

Brent,

The pictures are absolutely stunning! They're reminiscent of
computer-generated 3D fractal landscapes or a "3D" video signal with
amplitude in the Z axis. I'm examining each of them closely to see if
there are any surprises. In addition to certain portions of a single arc
channel being brighter than other portions, there's also the condition
where the brightness of the whole channel begins to decrease, perhaps
because current is being diverted to a newly forming channel? LOTS of
things to look at in these detailed pictures!

What conditions/equipment did you use to take the pictures? Have you
tried taking pictures of successive discharges to a grounded electrode?

Again, THANKS for sharing them with us!

-- Bert --