[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Controller question

Tesla List wrote:

> >From sroys-at-umabnet.ab.umd.eduWed Sep 25 22:02:05 1996
> Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:32:41 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Steve Roys <sroys-at-umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Controller question
>
> My control cabinet has line filters, a variac, and a relay (along with
> the requisite meters, etc...).  Does it matter what order everything is
> wired up in?  I started off with wall outlet to line filters to relay to
> powerstat and finally out to Tesla filter/safety gap board, but then I
> started thinking about whether that was the best order.  Should the line
> filters be after everything else in order to cut down on the stray RF
> getting back to the relay and variac?  How has everyone else wired things
> up?
>
> Steve Roys.

Steve,

We chatted about this a bit last night on the phone.  For the benefit of
others and to reiterate a bit.  I would always opt for the filter going
right to the wall before anything else.  This is the last chance to
filter before entering you house wiring.  I personally have three 100 amp
Corcom RFI filters on my gear.  One at the wall outlet.  One at the
output of the variac and one at the actual tranformer being powered up
20 feet away.  You just can't over filter!

Richard Hull, TCBOR