[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Condenser Products

>>From SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-comWed Sep  4 22:16:42 1996
>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 14:14:38 -0400
>From: SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
>To: Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Condenser Products
>
>Regarding part # TC 253-25-175,  15kv-at-.025uf,  3.5+ 16 inches for 200.00.
>  Any of you fellows have this model? Do you think I would do well buying it?
> It sounds like just what I want.    Steve

Steve,
        If the prices have gone up, I may not be aware of it, but
        the price list they (CP) sent me lists the above part number
        at $185.00

        I just got my order in; one of which is TC253-34-300
        a 20kv-at-.025uf which I paid $207.00 for.

        You did not state at what voltage your power input is.
        Even though these caps are designed for TC application,
        I believe it is best to have a cap rated higher than
        the input voltage to the primary. My next project will
        have 2 15kv-at-60ma neons, so I got the cap rated at 20kv
        and still I will build a shatter box for it :o

        Bob