[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primaries and Copper Tubing

Subject:  Re: Primaries and Copper Tubing
  Date:   Fri, 18 Apr 1997 12:37:06 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< <  If anyone has any hints,  tips,  plans,  or
 >even pointers to files that contain these plans (or even
 > some nice closeup pictures of primaries),  I would love to hear them.
 > Also if anyone has found good ways to manipulate the
 > copper tubing without destroying it,  I would love to hear it.

 >         Right now my back hurts,  and I am frustrated,  and I'm
looking
 > for advice and inspiration;  and I don't even want to see
 > any copper for about 24 hours.

 >         Many thanks in Advance,

 > Brendan >>

Brendan,

I wound my large primary with 3/8" soft copper (refrigeration) tubing.
made a frame out of acrylic.  Then suspended the roll of copper on a
wooden
shelf about three feet above the primary frame.  Slid a tubing bender
(looks
like a spring) on the tubing and just started working it into place.  I
would
get about one half turn in place then spot tie each intersection of
tubing
and acrylic frame support with waxed lacing cord.  Since I wanted 3/8"
spacing, I used a 3/8" drill bit to constantly check and set the spacing
between turns.  It did take about 4 hours and made my back sore, but
looks
like a million bucks.

Ed Sonderman