[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An Important Post.

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Wednesday, August 06, 1997 3:18 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: An Important Post.

Hi Richard,

Actually I have to disagree. The difference between my model and his
is that his was balanced and mine was unbalanced. A normal TC is
unbalanced n'est pas? The object was to model the coil, not a
balanced line.

> The ground
> line can be entirely eliminated.  This configuration has already been
> done.  Eric Dollard did this with his "analog computer" representation
> of a transmission line.

Fine. But that isn't the correct representation of an unbalanced
line. The Corums never used a balanced line in their model. You run a
TC with a ground, right?

>  Only Eric used repeating units of the same
> valued inductors and capacitors.  More like a real wound resonator.

Unfortunately not. I tried exactly that three days ago and it failed
to observe the lumped calculations that we use for calculating
frequency. It was only through introducing component grading that I
found both sets of rules were obeyed. A _good_ model should follow
all existing rules shouldn't it?

> Eric measured magnetic and ES components and their effects along the
> various segments from one end to the other and contrasted them with
> predicted transmission line values at quarter wave resonance.  There
> was marked disagreement.  Orthodox transmission line theory assumes
> transverse propagation of an EM wave.  Eric's model demonstrates
> longitudnal transmission of an electrical wave.  Longitudnal
> transmission - a theory near and dear to Nikola Tesla.

I don't recall him saying anything about this in the works I've read.
Do you have a reference?

Malcolm