[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An Important Post.

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Wednesday, August 06, 1997 4:34 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: An Important Post.

Hi all,
           After reading RWW's post, I decided to double-check the
integrity of the experiment I have done.....

     1.6mH    800uH    400uH    200uH    100uH    50uH     25uH
 ----oooo--+--oooo--+--oooo--+--oooo--+--oooo--+--oooo--+--oooo--+---
 In        |        |        |        |        |        |        | Out
          ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---
          ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---
 Gnd       |        |        |        |        |        |        |
 ----------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+---
         10pF      22pF     50pF     100pF    220pF    470pF   1000pF

I hooked the scope probe across the "In" end of the line in series
with a 10pF capacitor (giving 5pF total across that end) and hooked
the signal generator across the "Out" end to give the opposite
grading.

Result: Fr measured = ???  I got two strong resonances and a plethora
of small ones either side. Not a good representation of a
high Q resonator! Strongest responses were 593kHz and 807kHz :(  Not
much agreement between the lumped calcs and the measurement either.

Conclusion: the graded structure with the grading of heavy L at the
bottom and heavy C at the top is the best model I've yet seen of the
secondary.

     There is however an alternative model with a similar *type* of
grading that might also work. Any guesses out there? :) (hint:
replace L's with C's and vice versa).

Malcolm