[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RFI

>Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Sun Feb  2 17:57:41 1997
>Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 21:42:19 GMT
>From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>Subject: RFI
>

>My first object of inspection will be my ground system.
>

>I remove the #6 cable and replaced it with 14' of #4 welding cable.
>The NE2 would light only about 1/2 of one electrode. I had to get
>close to the neon lamp to see this. Surprise only 1 electrode was
>glowing! (see my post to: Explanation to the positive ES charge
>thread)
Ignore the single electrode firing, it was an artifact of daylight and
is not reproducible.

>90 volts across a 4 to 6 meter cable will
>act as a GREAT antennae for 5mHz to 7mHz on up. (I used the 1/10
>wavelength rule of thumb for RFI supression design here. To wit: any
>conductor longer than a tenth of a wavelength will radiate.)

	Tonight, I had my neighbor check his TV. Using both #4 welding
cable and 2.5" 2mil Al tape as a ground conductor, His TVI went from 5
bright solid lines to 3 snowy-partial lines.

Richard Quick,
	I remember you posting this same advice last year. (my hard
drive died last month and I lost some info)  I tried this, based on
your advice.  Thank You!

	Regards,

	jim