[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: secondary waveforms]

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> Subscriber: sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-com Thu Feb 13 22:10:08 1997
> Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:04:24 -0800
> From: Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-com>
> To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: [Fwd: secondary waveforms]
>
> This is an addendum added to my earlier post on this subject.
>
> Using a John Freau probe (ie., a probe dangling from the oscope inputs
> and situated 10' from the operating coil) I was able to look directly at
> the radiated electric field on the scope. It is classical and right out
> of the book...one frequency, sinusoidal, 285khz which is almost the
> exact frequency of the wire length, 279khz. And it is a decaying
> waveform lasting more than 1 msec.

Just one note: A decaying "sinusiodal" wave actually must consist
of a range of frequencies. If you perform a fouier transform (read
take a spectrum) of the decaying sinusoid it will consist of a finite
width peak. The width and height of the peak are related to those
which are determined by the Q of the coil.

-Ed Harris