[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Touchy toroids

  Date:
        Wed, 19 Mar 1997 16:22:15 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<        No glue, no solder, no nothing that you can't do
 in an hour or so strictly by hand.  I actually use Masonite
 circles covered with aluminum tape in place of the pie pans,
 but the principal is the same.
 Ed Phillips

Ed,

I use 1/4" acrylic circles for the center of my toroiods.  I also tape
everything together with clear packaging tape and then cover everything
with
aluminum tape.  On the larger toroids, made with plastic drain pipe, I
use
the stitching method that someone else mentioned.  I drill holes all the
way
around the plastic center - maybe 10 or 12 - then use waxed lacing cord
tie the pipe to the center disc.  Then use the same cord to lace the
ends
together.  I also set the disc on a table on a wood block to get the
thing in
the center of the pipe.

Ed Sonderman