[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: magnifiers

Tesla List wrote:
Bert:
	Thanks for the consideratoin in evaluating my system. Following is the
additional info. which I think you may see some red flags come up upon
evaluating.

caps: 2- basically R.H. style design rolled LDPE and HDPE totalling
.0275uf (measured).
primary coil: 30 deg. conical, 10 turns 1/2" refridge tubing (tapped at
about 8) 7" i.d. , 20" o.d., 1/4" spacing.
secondary coil: 4" dia., 22" high, 24ga.
pwr. supply: 1- 12kv. 30 ma. neon
toroid: 27" o.d., made from 5" AL flex duct and spaced 7" from top of
coil form.
Gap: single static air blast -at- about 1/2" setting

	As far as tuning, signal generator input to sec. shows resonant freq.
to be same as o scope observed freq. that the pri. is running at- is
this a valid analysis technique?
	I have been playing with decreasing the coupling by raising sec. up
away from pri. with little if any change. Had not thought toroid spacing
heigth mattered much in operating characteristics- thought technique was
to just raise it high enough so no discharges occur to pri. circuit. I
have no trouble getting discharge to free air as is, and adjustments to
pri. tap show very noticeable changes in discharge.

Hey, I'm really with 'ya as far as  meaningless pseudo- science out
there! I am thankful for this great forum to exchange repeatable,
observable studies in this area! You're right about time passing when
things are running smoothly!
	Thanks, and I look foreward to your analysis.

Mike