[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Unusual Capacitor takes life

Subject:  Re: Unusual Capacitor takes life
  Date:   Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:13:14 -0500
  From:   David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Some addition information.
The capacitor actually weighs in at 43#, ugh. Capacitance is 18nF
with a D=0.010 Q=100 at 1000Hz using an HP LRC meter. I don't know
what 'D' is, but I don't think it is the loss factor?
I hope to get measurements for comparison of the doorknobs I was
using.
My setup has exceeded the space limits in my basement. Next stop the
garage, just have to remember to unplug the openers.
Dave