[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My first coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 20:23:06 -0700
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: My first coil (fwd)

To: Steve Falco

You will need a better sparkgap than nails for proper quenching
(off-switching).  If on a tight budget it is better to use 6 ball bearings
(3/8" dia.).  Support the center ones on small phenolic rod (or slim old
plastic pill bottles).  Use a small muffin fan (around 150-250 CFM) to blow
a lot of air through the gap.  Good luck.

Use a small toroid or large 6-10" ball for the top electrode.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net