[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Testing H&R Transformers

      Date:
           Sun, 16 Mar 1997 05:33:57 GMT
      From:
           jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com (Jim Fosse)
        To:
           Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997 01:54:46 -0600, Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>, you
wrote:

>        Re: Testing H&R Transformers

>Fellow Coilers,
>Had a few hours yesterday and today to do some experimenting with the
>two H&R transformers that I have. At the moment I have only one Tesla Coil set
>up in my shop. All the others are in various states of disarray as I am
>attempting some other experiments with various component parts of the
>systems.

[big snip to save Storey;)]

ONLY 15 minutes of run time;);) big grin. in 1 run I might say!

Fr. Tom,
        I'd like to ask if you would try these transformers in their
ferroresonant mode? They should output a "square wave" in resonance as
apposed to a sine wave in non-resonant mode. The square wave mode
should offer a much higher break per second opportunity than the sine
wave mode will.

If you are inclined: does the ferroresonant mode of operation make any
difference in the spark length of your TC?

        Regards,

        jim