[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 10KV RMS -at- 300MA for less than $100 (fwd)

  Date:
        Sun, 16 Mar 1997 21:50:32 -0700 (MST)
  From:
        List owner <listown-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
    To:
        tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 16:55:17 -0700
From: "PWAC Inc." <pwac-at-mail.flinet-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 10KV RMS -at- 300MA for less than $100

<<BIG SNIP>>

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> By the way, Steve, don't throw the ruined unit out. The core is still
> useable, as is the primary. You should be able to use the remnants to
> build
> something useful, such as a primary choke. By adding a heavy duty
> shorted
> secondary (just a few turns of really *thick* wire or rod or bar stock),
> you can have a mini equivalent of a shorted arc welder. for use in
> driving
> a primary circuit.

So you can use a transformer core as a RF Choke? Is that what you are
saying? How does this use compair to using PVC pipe and copper wire?

This transformer seems to be the talk of the list, it sounds like its
original use was definatly not for Tesla use, so what were they used
for?
I noticed it had Quick Connect terminals, are these the same QC
terminals
used in connecting a powersuply to a Laser Head? Why don't everyone try
to remove these, they sound crummy anyhow.

So if these coils have magnetic shunts, why do they die if they get
shorted? I have a 12KV 30ma Allanson neon sign transformer, You should
see what Hell I put the thing through, and I don't think I have injured
it AT ALL.

So what are the exact readings on these coils? KV? ma? And how much are
they again?

Happy coilin.

Jeremy Bair