[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Re: Cascading Transfo

Subject:  RE: Re: Cascading Transfo
  Date:   Mon, 5 May 1997 12:48:58 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 5 May 1997 08:53:09 +1200 Malcolm Watts
<MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz> wrote;

>     The point I was trying to make is that with such a source, a good
> transformer doesn't exhibit the current limiting properties one
> normally associates with a current source. People use external
> inductance with pole pigs to limit current for just that reason.

Good point Malcom, actualy there is a way to design transformers to
be self current regulating. If you add an additional leg to the core
such that it by passes the primary BUT leave a gap at one end the
transformer will be self regulating and in some older transformers
the gap was made adjustable to allow you to vary the regulation.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/