[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FABRICATING MAGNETS

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, November 06, 1997 8:43 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: FABRICATING MAGNETS

On Wednesday, November 05, 1997 7:09 PM Richard Hull
[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net] wrote:

> To:  Tesla List

Richard, first let me say that I agree with you in the sense that iron
makes very poor 'permenant' magnets but will make admirable
electromagnets! What actualy determines how good a 'permanent' magnet a
given metal will make is the degree of mobility the magnetic domains of the
metal has. One finds that all the materials that make good permanent
magnets are also very brittle. Generaly soft ferromagnetic metals make
lousy permanent magnets because the magnetic domains are relatively free to
move about, and as a greater percentage of the magnetic domains get out of
allignment the magnet gets weaker. Our unknown writer (Someone...) could
make their idea work if they substitute alnico or any of the other superior
magnet alloys, in fact their suggested procedure is almost exactly the same
as is used in the magnet manufacturing industry.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/