[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: viynl instead poly

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, November 14, 1997 5:16 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: viynl instead poly

On Friday, November 14, 1997 8:37 PM Raymond C. Howes
[SMTP:rchowes-at-email.msn-dot-com] wrote;

> Does any one know anything of viynl plastics?
> Here in Florida they use it to enclose screen porches. It's pretty thick  at
> least 1/16 thick.Realy stretchable. I haven't been able to find anything
> about it from the manufacturer except the thickness and how long it stays
> flexible,years in the sun.
> Just wondering if it could be used in building caps?

Raymond, vinyl is the common name for polyvinyl chloride or PVC it's
dielectric constant at 1MHz is 4-5 and it's dielectric strength is 685
volts per mil BUT it's power factor is a wooping 120 at 1 MHz, that is
really bad this stuff absorbs R.F. like crazy! This stuff is worse than
mylar, it's definately NO GOOD for Tesla coil capacitors.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/