[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Information Unlimited Tesla Coil

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, November 25, 1997 2:05 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Information Unlimited Tesla Coil

On Saturday, November 22, 1997 11:18 PM Robert
[SMTP:deepfrezz-at-juno-dot-com] wrote;

> I was wondering if any of you ever tried the BTC3(I think) kit from
> Information Unlimited?  I heard that it produces good results.  I plan on
> making one from scratch, once I see how its done since I can't get any
> solid info.

Even though I never built Information Unlimited's BTC3, I have looked over
the plains and they are poor at best! You would do much better looking
through the list's FTP site at;

   ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla

> Also is a tv flyback AC or DC and if DC can I just rewind the primary to
> get a nice spark and RF field(to light fluorescent lights).

A flyback transformer is inheriently an A.C. device although many have
rectifier stacks built into them.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/